FEP Encapsulated O-RingsAn encapsulated O-ring comprises an elastomer energising core, which has a seamless jacket made from fluoropolymer. The elastomeric core may be Fluorocarbon (Viton/FPM or Silicone). The jacket is made from Teflon® F.E.P. (Fluorinated - ethylene - propylene).
There are certain applications which prohibit the use of conventional rubber O-ring Seals. The use of hostile chemicals or extreme temperature (both high and low) during various processes can make effective sealing very difficult. The main advantage Encapsulated 'O-Rings have over solid P.T.F.E. is that it has the chemical inertness whilst with its energising core, the O-ring returns to its original form.
Unfortunately these are not availble to buy online, Please phone us on 01420 474123 for availability
FEP Viton (or FPM) temperature range -20°C to 204°C
FEP Silicone temperature range -60°C to 204°C
Recommended for use in:
- Chemical Processing and Production
- Oil Extraction (on shore and off shore)
- Petrochemical Refining
- Pharmaceutical Production
- Food and Drink Processing
- Paint and Die Manufacturing
- Cosmetics and Perfumery
- Automotive Components
- Aerospace Engineering
Not Recommended for:
- Where the housing design requires excessive stretch or collapse of the O-ring during installation.