Please find below all of our current positions. If there are no positions that fit you at the moment but you would like to be considered for future openings we invite you to apply and we will be happy to let you know when a suitable position becomes available.
Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Internal Sales Engineer
Eligibility: Must have a right to full time employment in the UK
Salary: £ Competitive
Location: Bordon, Hampshire
Working hours: Mon- Friday (9am to 5:15 pm) with very occasional Saturday work
Main duties and Responsibilities:
To provide a high quality customer experience at Polymax: covering both technical and commercial aspects. This would primarily be over the phone/e-mail but may involve some customer visits as well. The incumbent is expected to have a passion to sell.
Key result areas (candidate must demonstrate prior experience in these):
- - Good knowledge of selling engineering products/services
- - Develop new customers and achieve growth in existing customer accounts by identifying new opportunities for sales from the companies capabilities
- - Maintain required performance in call and sales metrics
- - Proficiency with using MS office applications. Candidates with knowledge of SAP would be preferred (although not essential- as full training will be provided)
- - Professional approach to work and ability to work and contribute as a team
- - Polymax strives to constantly improve its’ customer experience: incumbent is expected to be committed to this principle
- - Ensure that all customer inquiries whether on the phone, e-mail or in person are acknowledged, assisted and advised
- - Have a target based approach to work: with focus on short/mid term goals leading to achievement of long term sales targets
- - A lot of training would be hands-on and practical: incumbent is expected to show interest and in time develop deep understanding of technical and commercial issues involved in the different product groups to achieve sales targets
- - Primarily gain familiarity with using SAP (training will be provided)
- - Must be proficient in using MS office application suite/ preparing reports
- - Use of advanced Excel/ basic networking would be an added advantage
Personal appearance/ Attitude:
- - Friendly, approachable and professional attitude
- - Polymax has a relaxed and friendly working environment: incumbent must be able to assimilate and be a team player
- - Organized/tidy with attention to detail
Health and Safety
- - Be aware of your responsibilities under the Health and Safety Act
- - Know and carry out when necessary the fire/accident and reporting procedures at Polymax
- - Use of common sense and report any hazards to the Managing Director
Professional Training Placement
What is Polymax?
Branded as “the one-stop rubber shop”, Polymax is a leading supplier of industrial rubber products with over 30,000 stocked product lines - we have consistently posted a double digit growth since our inception nine years ago and currently employ 18 full time staff with an annual turnover of around £4 million. The Managing Director was a student at Loughborough. We are based in Bordon in rural Hampshire, close to Petersfield.
We offer a friendly and relaxed working atmosphere with plenty of opportunity to grow in the job. If you enjoy working with varied and diverse clients and have a passion to sell we would love to hear from you. We are always looking to improve our systems, both manual and electronic and the way in which we promote the company and its products, so opportunities exist too for you to use your computing and management experience.
What's the job?
As a Sales/ Marketing Engineer you will be trained in basic rubber technology and various product groups like anti-vibration mountings and O-rings and required to deal with customer inquiries over the phone and by e-mail. You would also be responsible for editing the technical information for the products on the company web site and on promoting the company on e-commerce platforms like ebay and Amazon and for social media marketing for the company’s products. We have a presence on both Facebook and Twitter. Have a look at our web site at www.polymax.co.uk.
Excellent communication skills are essential and good knowledge of HTML and web authoring software is desirable. A high degree of computer proficiency is also expected and a good working knowledge of image editing software like Photoshop would be preferred.
What is the salary and when do you need me?
We pay £1215 per month. The post is available from June 2015 to June 2016.